Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birthday Recap


So as many of you know I turned 30 this year. The event turned into a weekend event full of celebrations, shooting, and antiquing. It was a birthday to remember!


The birthday started off with breakfast at my favorite place, Lair's Club on 30A. Our server Andrea surprised me with ice cream and chocolate syrup as a dessert to breakfast!


That night we all joined together to celebrate at Stinky's Fish Camp. I felt so loved being surrounded by family and friends. I can't express to them all how much it meant to me for them to be there.


The following day Mom & Dad took me for a day of antiquing. And I feel like I hit the jackpot! Take a look at the chairs above. They were mine for a mere $65 each. Yeah they need to be recovered but is a project I'll be tackling soon. They are good quality made chairs and just need to be updated a bit. More to come later on how they are transforming our living area.


I also nabbed these beauties for $16, a pair of brass quail. They will help add to our bedroom decor on the bookshelves I refinished.


My final find for that day were these pheasants. Another set of brass birds for our bedroom decor, and for only $14!

The following day we continued onward to shoot a round of sporting clays, 100 rounds to be exact. This was only my second time to go shooting, so needless to say I was sore for about 2 days from this excursion.


My mom is my best friend, and we have tons of fun together whether we are shooting, eating, drinking, shopping, or what have you.


And what I else can I say about this? My life would not be complete without this man. He not only supports me on all levels in life but he too is my best friend.

A birthday for the record books by far! I hope all of my friends who turn 30 this year have a great birthday to remember too!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing day, so cool to see you shooting! We don't experience that here in Canada! Happy Birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It was all spectacular!

    ReplyDelete