Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pieces You Love

All the rage in interior decorating these days are finding pieces you love, those that can withstand the test of time. That is why I purchased my Lee sofa from Tracery Interiors, I think it will be a versatile piece that will last me through trends and stand up against our daily abuse.

While our living space is not as I want it yet, I was reminded this past weekend that it just takes time. We lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 4 years and it wasn't until the last year that I started loving the space we lived in. It just takes time.

This is the reminder I came across:

This was from our last apartment in California, it took 4 years of collecting thing and putting them together before I started having those moments of satisfaction just by being in the space. Even though I never completely got there because of the rules of renting, this space started coming close towards the end. (Just note this was at thanksgiving so I did not have the red table cover on everyday.)

So just remember when you are getting in a rush to get a room finished, it takes time. Keep old reminders handy in those moments of panic. And before making a big purchase ask yourself will I still want this in the room 5 years from now? We've had to purchase too many couches before we learned our lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment