Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl: What I Made



So we did not host a party for the Superbowl this year, but we did attend a party. So I of course had to make something yummy to share with everyone. So I made some whoopie pies, strawberries n' cream and dreamsicle versions. These are super easy to make! The idea came from Bakerella, she's awesome by the way if you have never read her blog. I took her valentine treats reciepe and modified. Instead of red velvet mixes in one batch I used strawberry mix and in the other I used orange cake mix with and additional 1/8 tsp of orange extract! For me I find it is best to allow the icing to sit in the fridge for a few hours, that way it doesn't run out of the cookies so easily.

I always make some version of this cookie to take to parties— it is easy, everyone loves them, and they look impressive.

I'll be posting my thoughts on all of the commercials over on my business blog at Source27.


Seems as though we've had nothing but cold rainy weather the last week or so but I caught this fabulous sunset Saturday night in the clearing of the last storm to pass through.


Hope you all have a great Monday! I think I might need to start building a boat to go out to get the mail if the rain doesn't stop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment